Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Grocery Manager for our Clinton Twp location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all operations of the grocery department, including production, sales merchandising and distribution of products.
- Develop and implement action plan in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Direct workflow within the department and coordinate activities involved with production.
- Price, stock and rotate grocery items per company guidelines.
- Ensure that department conditions and performance consistently meet or exceed expectations.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Interview, hire, train and develop grocery associates through supervision, work delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Promptly and efficiently resolve all employee and customer complaints.
- Become familiar with all products carried in the store including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered.
- Work with General Manager and the Director of Operations to determine the variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Review all new products with the General Manager.
- Check and verify department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered according to quality standards.
- Responsible for ordering product, supplies, etc. and ensuring proper inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Ensures favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, organized, attractive and friendly department.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Must have previous management experience.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- One or more years grocery management experience, required.
- Food Service Management Certification, preferred.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and maintain a positive attitude.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)