Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Produce Manager to help manage the produce department of the Bloomfield Township location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the department, including production and stocking of all department products in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Direct work flow in the department and coordinate activities involved with production, sale, merchandising and distribution of products offered in the department, in conjunction with the Produce Manager(s).
- Oversee all aspects of the operation of the department, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc, in conjunction with Produce Manager(s).
- Assist in interviewing, training and development of associates for the Produce and Produce Prep (if applicable) department(s), following all company policies and state and federal laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of produce in every family group (i.e. apples, squash, etc.).
- Adhere to all quality standards.
- Properly plan product distribution, merchandising, product stocking, on a per shift basis.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify produce department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered according to quality standards.
- Responsible for ordering product, supplies, etc. and ensuring proper inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment, in conjunction with the Produce Manager (and Produce Prep Manager if applicable).
- Works closely with the Produce Prep department to ensure optimum operations in both departments, on a per shift basis.
- Properly handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards.
- The ability to motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or demonstrated ability required.
- Food service certification preferred.
- Experience in stocking, rotation procedures, product knowledge, customer service experience, etc.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written format sufficient to express an idea or thought.
- Excellent knowledge of the products carried in the department.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate a strong knowledge of department operations and a proven track record of success in the overall operation of the department.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach and grasp.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)