Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Deli Manager for our Troy location.
- Assist with supervision, direction, coordination and evaluation of the deli department operations.
- Assist with overseeing all personnel of the deli department, including but not limited to: training, time and attendance, discipline, work delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Work closely with the Cheese department to ensure optimum operations in both departments.
- Slice, weigh and label all deli selections for customers.
- Train and supervise associates on how to properly use all equipment in the department ensuring safety and compliance.
- Become familiar with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of deli items offered.
- Ensures that all food safety and sanitation guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for ordering deli products and supplies ensuring proper inventory control, freshness and product quality.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, dating, price marking and restocking cases ensuring accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify deli department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and up to quality standards.
- Maintain good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, organized, attractive and friendly department.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Six months related deli experience, required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Food Management Certification, preferred.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)