Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a human resource intern.
Summary: This is a responsible position that involves administrating human resources programs and practices. Assist in formulating policies and procedures for the Human Resource Department. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with recruitment of employees and management (exempt and non exempt).
- Assists with the updates of the application portal.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintenance of personnel files.
- Assists in administration of compensation program, helps to monitor and/or track performance appraisal system.
- Assists with or conducts new employee orientations, interviewing and reference checks.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.
- Assists in exit interviews process.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Assists with training and educating managers on compliance with D.O.L., EEOC, etc. Federal and State guidelines and regulations concerning hiring and employment.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management.
- Follows scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by company guidelines.
- Organizes and maintains file systems and other necessary records.
- Observes strict confidentiality of all company records and personnel information and safeguard against unauthorized access to such information at all times.
- Safeguard all information pertaining to employment matters or employee records and ensure that such information is not released to any party without the proper consent(s).
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work space.
- Adhere to safety methods, operational guidelines and company policies in relation to the use of equipment and the performance of job duties.
- Comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines
- and laws.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Lead by example.
Other duties as assigned.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)