Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Director of Operations for our corporate office located in Troy.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all the stores.
- Working knowledge of operating budgets, projections, etc. ensuring that all operating expenses are within company guidelines in relation to sales.
- Plan, organize, direct and control company activities and operations with the assistance of the Director of Operations, General Managers and Department Managers.
- Effectively manage administrative staff as well as employees and managers in all departments/divisions of every store locations.
- Comply with and ensure compliance in all stores of company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws; ensure that all employees within the department are properly trained and comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook, memos and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guideline and laws.
- Ensure compliance of all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Ensure adherence to all quality standards and control level of damaged and spoiled products and ensure proper disposition of same according to company policy.
- Assists with examining new products and ensuring the implementation of new products is handled per company guidelines.
- Assists with determining pricing and ensures that the gross profit is being maintained in each department.
- The ability to demonstrate effective and objective decision making in regards to work procedures and flow, new product purchases, inventory allocations, scheduling and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and prioritized to maximize operating results.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Associates and Managers adhere to company procedures and local, state and federal laws regarding the sale of alcohol, especially the requirement of checking the purchaser’s identification.
- Responsible for profit and loss responsibilities, vendor relations, addressing complaints, etc.
- Ensure that all company personnel adhere to the company’s customer service standards.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Develop staff through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- The ability to motivate staff to achieve sales and customer service goals.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum 2 years previous grocery management experience.
- Food Management Certification, preferred.
- College degree in related field, preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to express ideas orally and in writing; ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and all other necessary materials as they pertain to the overall operation of the store.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, governmental officials and the general public.
- Must possess the math skills necessary to supervise and handle sales transactions, tender change, verify vendor invoice charges and counts, calculate gross margins, percentages and and losses, create operating budgets, make financial forecasts and projections, calculate productivity benchmarks such as sales per man hour, evaluation and correction of inventory reports, ability to analyze and correct receiving logs.
- Must be able to read and understand income statements and profit and loss statements and have the necessary accounting skills and experience to be able to balance cash receipts or vault cash counts, readily detect errors and omissions, and troubleshoot errors or discrepancies in cash or column balances.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 to 10 hour periods.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)