Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an assistant director of operations for our corporate office.
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the overall operation of all stores. To assist in the supervision, direction and managing all aspects of company operations in a manner designed to obtain maximum sales and margins; control labor, utility and all other operating expenses. To ensure that the company meets targeted projections and goals through the effective utilization of personnel and resources. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow scheduled hours and labor guidelines per company guidelines and federal and state laws.
- Comply with and ensure compliance in all stores of company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws; ensure that all employees within the department are properly trained and comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook, memos and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guideline and laws.
- Ensure compliance of all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Plan, organize, direct and control company activities and operations with the assistance of the Director of Operations, General Managers and Department Managers.
- Working knowledge of operating budgets, projections, etc. ensuring that all operating expenses are within company guidelines in relation to sales.
- Must be familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the store. Ensure adherence to all quality standards and control level of damaged and spoiled products and ensure proper disposition of same according to company policy.
- Assists with examining new products and ensuring the implementation of new products is handled per company guidelines.
- Assists with determining pricing and ensures that the gross profit is being maintained in each department.
- The ability to demonstrate effective and objective decision making in regards to work procedures and flow, new product purchases, inventory allocations, scheduling and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and prioritized to maximize operating results.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Associates and Managers adhere to company procedures and local, state and federal laws regarding the sale of alcohol, especially the requirement of checking the purchaser’s identification.
- Ensure that all company personnel adhere to the company’s customer service standards.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization. Develop staff through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- The ability to motivate staff to achieve sales and customer service goals.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages approximately 3 administrative staff members as well as indirectly supervise a total of 850 employees and managers in all departments/divisions of the stores. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the stores. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and any or all applicable laws. Responsibilities include: overall operation of company operations, profit and loss responsibilities, planning assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, vendor relations, addressing complaints and resolving problems, etc.
Education and/or Experience: A college degree or 4 years of customer service/management experience or 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written job-related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
Ability to express ideas orally and in writing; ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and all other necessary materials as they pertain to the overall operation of the store.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, governmental officials and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Must possess the math skills necessary to supervise and handle sales transactions, tender change, verify vendor invoice charges and counts, calculate gross margins, percentages and and losses, create operating budgets, make financial forecasts and projections, calculate productivity benchmarks such as sales per man hour, evaluation and correction of inventory reports, ability to analyze and correct receiving logs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting, algebra and geometry.
Must be able to read and understand income statements and profit and loss statements and have the necessary accounting skills and experience to be able to balance cash receipts or vault cash counts, readily detect errors and omissions, and troubleshoot errors or discrepancies in cash or column balances.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Foodservice Management Certification required.
Physical Demands and Required Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 to 10 hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- The ability to work in extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions, the employee may also need to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)