Summary: This is a responsible position that involves processing administrative paperwork and overall administration of the store’s office(s) and assisting the General Manager, Corporate Office, Director of Operations, Human Resource Director and President as needed or directed. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes new hire paperwork, ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately, thoroughly and completely and submitted to the Payroll Manager on a timely basis.
- Maintains employee personnel files, following all laws, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conducts new hire orientation for all new hires, following company guidelines and state and federal laws.
- Assists with pre employment reference checks. Reports any inconsistencies to Human Resource Director.
- Oversees the driver program for the store. Submits driver names to Payroll Manager, HR Director or Controller for proper background check to be done. Ensures that drivers are not scheduled to drive until they have been approved to do so.
- Assists in compiling EEO-1 information for the store and submits to the Human Resource Director on a timely basis.
- Assists in exit interview process.
- Collects, organizes and distributes completed applications. Ensures that all applications are handled per company guidelines and applicable laws.
- Maintains administrative paperwork for managers, ensuring that all necessary forms and paperwork is in stock and available for management use.
- Assists department managers and General Manager with the interview and hiring process for applicants.
- Assists General Manager and department managers with administrative duties.
- Assists General Manager, Director of Operations, President, Human Resource Director with the store’s and/or office’s administrative duties.
- Sorts mail for the store ensuring it is properly and timely distributed.
- Answers the store telephone, routes calls to appropriate departments, including the corporate office.
- Follows all Company customer service guidelines and standards.
- Insures that all donation requests are handled properly.
- Insures that all transfer tickets are routed to the appropriate stores.
- Orders and stocks office supplies and any other supplies necessary for the office/store, following Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace standards and guidelines.
- Properly tracks all full time employees benefits eligibility and enrollment. Receives eligibility list from payroll, compares to store eligibility list and ensures that all qualified employees are properly enrolled in the appropriate plan(s) on or before the deadline. Properly notifies Payroll Manager of all necessary deductions. Assists Payroll Manager with benefit terminations.
- Routes all Customer Accident reports to Company Controller/HR Director and Employee Accident reports to Payroll Manager/ Human Resource Director.
- Properly administers the performance evaluation process for all associates within the store. Notifies either, the General Manager, Human Resource Director and/or Payroll Manager of any performance evaluations that are late, missing, etc. Develops a system of tracking and communication with the General Manager and/or the Human Resource Director to ensure that evaluations are done on time.
- Properly informs General Manager and/or Human Resource Director of any and all medical notes, FMLA leave requests, FMLA qualifying events, unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management. Assists with “The Count” and safe audits as needed, informing the Accounting Manager and/or General Manager of any discrepancies or issues.
- Assists front end with cash handling responsibilities, including ATM maintenance, The Cash Count, reconciliation of Daily Cash sheets, researching discrepancies, etc.
- Follows all Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace Cash Management guidelines.
- Processes all check cashing applications, verifying all information, creating and laminating the card and issuing the card to the customer.
- Oversees management functions on the time management system. Notifies General Manager and/or Human Resource Director of any deviations, errors or problems with the system or users.
- Monitors minors work schedules in the time management system per the State of Michigan Department of Labor guidelines, reporting violations to the General Manager and/or Human Resource Director.
- Oversees and administers the Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace Responsible Alcohol Sales (R.A.S.) training program. Works with the Customer Service Manager to ensure that all cashiers, Customer Service Managers and any/all Support Managers (i.e. Closing Managers, Assistant General Managers, etc.) have attended and passed the R.A.S. class before they ring on the register and/or oversee store operations. Oversees and properly maintains all R.A.S. files. Develops a system and follows up with the General Manager and/or Human Resource Director to ensure that all cashiers, Customer Service Managers and any/all Support Managers (i.e. Closing Managers, Assistant General Managers, etc.) have taken and passed the R.A.S. class at least twice a year.
- Organizes and assists with school tours.
- Ensures that all employee injury and customer injury reports are processed promptly and properly.
- Ensures that all necessary forms are stocked and available for management’s use.
- Follows scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by company guidelines.
- Properly organizes and maintains file systems and other necessary records. Can quickly and accurately recall/locate any and all store records.
- Ensures accurate and proper completion of all I-9’s, following all applicable laws and guidelines.
- Observes and ensures strict confidentiality of all Company records, personnel information, pay rates, medical information, etc. and safeguards against unauthorized access to such information at all times.
- Safeguards and secures all information pertaining to employment matters, unemployment claims, benefit enrollment and/or employee records and ensure that such information is not released to any party without the proper consent(s).
- Assists with the Human Resource functions in the store, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work space.
- Adheres to safety methods, operational guidelines and company policies in relation to the use of equipment and the performance of job duties.
- Complies with company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintains good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Leads by example.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assists with the supervision of the store as needed. Reports any and all policy violations, issues and concerns to upper management promptly.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in customer service, benefits administration, cash management, human resource administration, etc.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form sufficient to express an idea or thought.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate a strong knowledge of administrative and human resource responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Standards held to:
- Must be able to effectively manage the administrative and human resource responsibilities of the position for the entire store, ensuring accuracy and meeting all deadlines.
- Ensure that all you are positively contributing to the gross profit of the store by properly monitoring and executing the administrative functions of the store.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- As the human resource liaison in the store, we expect that you will communicate properly with the General Manager, Human Resource Director, Director of Operations, President, Department Managers, Associates, Vendors, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Follow and support all Company policies and procedures – lead by example.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent required. One to two years related experience/and or training; or a combination of education and experience. Previous management experience preferred. Computer experience and human resource experience preferred.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with department employees, employees of other departments and customers.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written job-related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals including effective departmental memos, employee corrective action notices and performance reviews.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Demands and Required Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 9 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 35 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Standing for extended periods and walking.
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel. Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Work Environment/Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions, the employee may also need to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work in a fast paced environment. Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude, problem solve.
Please note: Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace reserves the right to change, alter or modify this policy at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)