Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for cashiers for all shifts. Must be available on weekends.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Ability to process all sales transactions in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to do repetitive work accurately.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and tactfully with customers.
- Ability to operate a cash register by passing price coded items across the electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list and display cost of customer purchase, tax, amount due and rebates on monitor screen.
- Ability to perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Ability to add up or record the purchases of a customer into a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to assist customers with bulk products that they may have difficulty handling.
- Process and collect and tender change for the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not limited to: cash, check, gift certificates, EFT transactions, etc. in strict accordance with company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing these transactions.
- Issue receipts, change due, etc. to customers.
- Bag and package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
- Follow all established Company Alcohol Sales guidelines, and all Federal, Local, County and State Alcohol Sales laws and ordinances.
- Ability to assist customer with all orders and/or questions per Company Customer Service guidelines.
- Attend and pass the Responsible Alcohol Sales training class, prior to operating a cash register. Attend R.A.S. retraining sessions.
- Perform all Front End/Customer Service department duties according to company policies, guidelines, procedures and management direction.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following company guidelines for attendance and punctuality
- Greet customers and provide them prompt and courteous service, per company customer service guidelines.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products available in all departments.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Handle all return to stock items appropriately, ensuring that perishable items are returned promptly.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Ability to answer phones and process and complete all customer orders and requests, within company time guidelines.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Ability to assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
If you are interested in this job, please complete the 2 step application process which includes a formal application.
One spring day, many years ago, Nino Salvaggio was approached by one of his suppliers to buy several cases of beautiful, lush strawberries. Although Nino did not need the additional cases of strawberries, he thought they looked exceptional…so he said “yes.” By late morning, and after several more purchases, Nino was the owner of 500 cases of strawberries. Knowing that fruit is a perishable item and also realizing that he now owned three times the amount of strawberries he usually sold in one day, Nino was faced with an exciting challenge.
Determined to sell all 500 cases, Nino strategized and built a beautiful display in the front of the store. He set up rows and rows of wooden displays at various heights and artfully arranged the fruit so that his customers entered a sea of bright red strawberries that seemed to extend for miles. Next to the display, Nino placed beautiful hand painted signs that read “$3.99 Per Flat.” As word spread about the sweet, delicious strawberries, customers flocked from every direction to Nino’s 2,000 square foot market in St. Clair Shores. As fate would have it, all 500 strawberry cases were quickly sold.
It was on that day that Nino Salvaggio learned a valuable lesson about the art of merchandising. He also developed a philosophy that has proven to be the backbone of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace’s success, “Give the customer exactly what they want, whatever it takes, cater to them and you can bet they will keep coming back for more.” This philosophy is apparent today in each Nino Salvaggio market with locations in St. Clair Shores, Troy and Clinton Township. We at Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace are proud to continue the tradition and challenge that Nino Salvaggio himself aspired to. We honor his memory by providing each and every customer the best quality products and service available.
With the Nino Salvaggio Strawberry over the door, we personally invite you to experience the warmth and tradition of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace. A magnificent shopping experience awaits you amidst the aisles of colorful, fresh produce, gourmet delights and, while you are here, don’t forget the strawberries!
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)