Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for cashiers for all shifts. Must be available on weekends.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Ability to process all sales transactions in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to do repetitive work accurately.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and tactfully with customers.
- Ability to operate a cash register by passing price coded items across the electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list and display cost of customer purchase, tax, amount due and rebates on monitor screen.
- Ability to perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Ability to add up or record the purchases of a customer into a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to assist customers with bulk products that they may have difficulty handling.
- Process and collect and tender change for the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not limited to: cash, check, gift certificates, EFT transactions, etc. in strict accordance with company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing these transactions.
- Issue receipts, change due, etc. to customers.
- Bag and package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
- Follow all established Company Alcohol Sales guidelines, and all Federal, Local, County and State Alcohol Sales laws and ordinances.
- Ability to assist customer with all orders and/or questions per Company Customer Service guidelines.
- Attend and pass the Responsible Alcohol Sales training class, prior to operating a cash register. Attend R.A.S. retraining sessions.
- Perform all Front End/Customer Service department duties according to company policies, guidelines, procedures and management direction.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following company guidelines for attendance and punctuality
- Greet customers and provide them prompt and courteous service, per company customer service guidelines.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products available in all departments.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Handle all return to stock items appropriately, ensuring that perishable items are returned promptly.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Ability to answer phones and process and complete all customer orders and requests, within company time guidelines.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Ability to assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
If you are interested in this job, please complete the 2 step application process which includes a formal application.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)