BE AN IMPORTANT CONTRIBUTOR TO OUR OVERNIGHT BAKERY TEAM!
Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a full time overnight Artisan Baker for our Troy location.
- Produce artisan breads and specialty items per company recipes and standards.
- Prepare bakery products from scratch using appropriate ingredients, preparation and baking techniques.
- Assist with the implementation of new recipes and products.
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking and inventory control.
- Order and maintain sufficient inventory of baking products checking for quality and identifying damaged or expired goods.
- Provide feedback to Bakery Manager, General Manager and Director of Culinary Operations regarding improvements in department product, procedures and workflow.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Culinary degree and/or pastry/baking experience or a combination of work experience and education, preferred. (willing to train)
- Must be familiar with all products carried in the department - including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation and/or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered in the bakery department.
- Must be able to work overnight and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.