Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Cook for our Clinton Township location.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following Company guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform all department duties according to Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Must be able to work with all products/ food products available within the department. Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, bailers*, floral cutters*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, bailers, floral cutters, etc.).
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)