Nino Salvaggio in Bloomfield Twp is looking for meat counter associates.
Summary: To perform all aspects of the Meat Clerk/Associate job responsibilities according to Company and department standards. To work productively as part of a team and to follow all company customer service and quality standards, ensuring that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, store rules and standards of conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook and memos, and as directed by management and state and federal safety and sanitation policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards and policies.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following Company guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, per Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace guidelines.
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat.
- Follow established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments, pricing the product and stocking cases to ensure quality, protection, accuracy and proper rotation of product in the cases and cooler.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal and OSHA, Department of Agriculture and Department of Health regulations and guidelines.
- Follows through to ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies and safety guidelines.
- To perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions, per Company Customer Service guidelines.
- Perform all department duties according to Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, cooking techniques, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products that are available in the department and the store.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations. Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Ability to answer phones and process and complete all customer orders and requests, within Company time guidelines.
Page 1 of 3
- Ability to assist customers with their selections; offering assistance with the type, preparation, recipes, cooking, etc. of selections of meat and poultry
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products offered in the Meat Department.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
Language Skills: Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in the English language in order to promptly respond to requests for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with department employees, employees of other departments and customers.
Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written job-related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
Mathematical Skills: General math ability, including the skills necessary to calculate individual and large orders and all other calculations as they pertain to customer service. Ability to calculate individual and large orders and all other calculations as they pertain to customer service.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Required Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 30 to 90 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 90 to 110 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 110 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Operating equipment (baler, power jack, etc.)- Must be 18 or older.
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Standing for extended periods and walking.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperature of approximately -20F while handling products in freezers and coolers.
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel. Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may also need to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work in a fast paced environment. Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude, problem solve.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)