Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Pastry Manager to work in our Bloomfield location.
- Produce pastry and specialty items for the bakery department.
- Assist in the production, packaging, etc. of non pastry items within the department.
- Assists the Department Manager with all aspects of operations.
- Produce pastry and specialty items per company recipes and standards.
- Assist bakery department management with ordering, production, packaging, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of new recipes and products.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, dating and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Check and verify merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Assists Bakery Manager with ordering product and maintains inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Maintain good communications in the department, store and throughout the organization.
- Assists Bakery department management with the development of associates within the department.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by emphasizing a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Assist with Bakery/Pastry reports, surveys and paperwork, as needed.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must have 1 to 3 months of previous pastry experience.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered in the department and the store.
- Culinary degree and/or pastry/baking experience or a combination of work experience and education is preferred.
- Food Service Management Certification preferred.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.