Nino Salvaggio is looking for an assistant produce manager for our St Clair Shores location.
Summary: To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the department, including production and stocking of all department products in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department. Directs work flow in the department and coordinates activities involved with production, sale, merchandising and distribution of products offered in the department, in conjunction with the Assistant Produce Manager(s). All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by the Produce Manager and company guidelines.
- Adhere to and assure compliance of, all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Assist in interviewing, training and development of associates for the Produce and Produce Prep (if applicable) department(s), following all company policies and state and federal laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of produce in every family group (i.e. apples, squash, etc.). Adhere to all quality standards.
- Properly plans product distribution, merchandising, product stocking, on a per shift basis.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify produce department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered. Check products for quality standards, count or weight and condition.
- Responsible for ordering product, supplies, etc. and ensuring proper inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment, in conjunction with the Produce Manager (and Produce Prep Manager if applicable).
- Works closely with the Produce Prep department to ensure optimum operations in both departments, on a per shift basis.
- Properly handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Oversees all aspects of the operation of the department, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc, on a per shift basis.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, store rules and standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety and sanitation policies, procedures, guidelines and laws; ensure that all employees in the department, on your shift, properly comply with company policies and procedures, store rules and standards of conduct as outlined in the company handbook and memos, and state and federal safety and sanitation policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintain good communications in the department, store and throughout the organization. Assist in the development of associates within department through training, supervision and delegation.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards. Must be knowledgeable with and able to work with all products offered in the department.
- The ability to motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)