Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Cafe Manager for our Bloomfield Twp location.
- Assist Cafe Manager with effectively directing and supervising all aspects of operations of the cafe including production, sale and distribution of cafe products while adhering to all quality standards.
- Have full knowledge of the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of products/menu items offered.
- Follow company recipes when making the menu items in the cafe.
- Cook, prepare, package, etc. cafe items per company guidelines.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service.
- Follow all cash management guidelines.
- Assist with the department merchandising plan and department goals with the cafe Manager/Executive Chef.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training and developing a productive team of associates for the department through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Check and verify cafe department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and in satisfactory condition.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six months cafe experience, required.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Cash handling experience, required.
- Customer service experience, required.
- Food management experience and/or certification, preferred.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Excellent knowledge of the products offered in the cafe.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)