Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Produce Prep Manager to work in our Bloomfield location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all functions of the department, including production and stocking of all department products in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Direct work flow in the department and coordinates activities involved with production.
- Adhere to and assure compliance of, all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Oversees all aspects of the operation of the department, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc.
- Interviews, hires and trains the produce prep department associates, following all company policies and state and federal laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of produce in every family group (i.e. apples, squash, etc.). Adhere to all quality standards.
- Properly plans product distribution, merchandising, product stocking, etc.
- Oversees produce prep department ordering and maintaining inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Follow approved procedures for price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify produce prep department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Works closely with the Produce department to ensure optimum operations in both departments.
- Properly handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Ensures that all food safety and sanitation guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain good communications in the department, store and throughout the organization.
- Must have excellent knife skills.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or demonstrated ability required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must have previous management experience.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Food service certification required.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)