Nino Salvaggio is looking for a soup maker/cook to produce soups for all locations.
This position will train at the Clinton Twp location but move to the Troy location in Spring 2018.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Cook, produce, package, label, etc. all soups per company recipes.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following Company guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform all department duties according to Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Must be able to work with all products/ food products available within the department. Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers, bailers, stoves, etc. as needed in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Ability to answer phones and process and complete all customer orders and requests, within Company time guidelines
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Must have previous cooking experience.
Language Skills: Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in the English language in order to promptly respond to requests for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with department employees, employees of other departments and customers. Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written job-related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
Mathematical Skills: General math ability, including the skills necessary to calculate individual and large orders and all other calculations as they pertain to customer service. Ability to calculate individual and large orders and all other calculations as they pertain to customer service.
Physical Demands and Required Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Operating equipment, i.e. baler, power jack, etc. Must be 18 or older to operate power equipment.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 75 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Bending, reaching and grasping. Standing for extended periods and walking.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperature of approximately -20F while handling products in freezers and coolers.
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height. The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel. Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
If you are interested in this job, please submit the 2 step applicaiton which includes completing the formal application.
One spring day, many years ago, Nino Salvaggio was approached by one of his suppliers to buy several cases of beautiful, lush strawberries. Although Nino did not need the additional cases of strawberries, he thought they looked exceptional…so he said “yes.” By late morning, and after several more purchases, Nino was the owner of 500 cases of strawberries. Knowing that fruit is a perishable item and also realizing that he now owned three times the amount of strawberries he usually sold in one day, Nino was faced with an exciting challenge.
Determined to sell all 500 cases, Nino strategized and built a beautiful display in the front of the store. He set up rows and rows of wooden displays at various heights and artfully arranged the fruit so that his customers entered a sea of bright red strawberries that seemed to extend for miles. Next to the display, Nino placed beautiful hand painted signs that read “$3.99 Per Flat.” As word spread about the sweet, delicious strawberries, customers flocked from every direction to Nino’s 2,000 square foot market in St. Clair Shores. As fate would have it, all 500 strawberry cases were quickly sold.
It was on that day that Nino Salvaggio learned a valuable lesson about the art of merchandising. He also developed a philosophy that has proven to be the backbone of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace’s success, “Give the customer exactly what they want, whatever it takes, cater to them and you can bet they will keep coming back for more.” This philosophy is apparent today in each Nino Salvaggio market with locations in St. Clair Shores, Troy and Clinton Township. We at Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace are proud to continue the tradition and challenge that Nino Salvaggio himself aspired to. We honor his memory by providing each and every customer the best quality products and service available.
With the Nino Salvaggio Strawberry over the door, we personally invite you to experience the warmth and tradition of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace. A magnificent shopping experience awaits you amidst the aisles of colorful, fresh produce, gourmet delights and, while you are here, don’t forget the strawberries!
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)