Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Front End P.I.C to work in our Clinton Township location.
- Assist with the direction and supervision of all functions of the front end in order to achieve the sales, profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department on a per shift basis.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Assist with training and evaluating a productive team of associates for the department.
- Promote customer good will by providing high standards of customer service, ensuring that all cashiers and courtesy clerks do the same.
- Maintain work schedules for front end personnel to meet business volume and traffic flow requirements, on a per shift basis.
- Minimize customer inconvenience and excessive waiting periods, per company guidelines.
- Ensure that cashiers are assisted with price checks in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Follow and ensure compliance of all established company Alcohol Sales guidelines, and all Federal, State, Local and County Alcohol Sales laws and ordinances.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals on a per shift basis.
- Keep department management informed of pricing problem areas or items that are not on file in the front end computers or electronic point of sale PLU (price look up) files.
- Inform all necessary department/store management promptly of cash register or scale problems/malfunctions.
- Assist cashiers and customers with refunds, over rings and other transactions requiring supervisory approvals or overrides.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Approve customer checks and assist customers with courtesy check cashing application forms.
- Ensure proper bagging procedures are being followed by all cashiers and courtesy clerks (baggers).
- Ensure that ‘return to stock’ items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Previous customer service management experience, preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Responsible Alcohol Sales certification required.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and maintain a positive attitude.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)