Nino Salvaggio currently looking for a full time maintenance associate.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Follow scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by the General Manager and/or AGM and Company guidelines.
- Properly completes basic plumbing, carpentary, electrical, painting, etc projects as needed.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health code and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment (i.e. pallet jacks, hi-lo, saws, snakes, nail guns, paint supplies, tools, etc. ) according to Company policies, procedures, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to properly assist customers in locating products when working in Customer Service areas.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Properly and thoroughly completes any and all assigned indoor or outdoor maintenance assignments.
- Cleans any and all aspects of the store, as needed and/or directed, including: vents, condensers, walls, etc. as needed.
- Complies with company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Alerts upper management to any sanitation, safety, cleanliness, equipment, maintenance, etc. issues.
- Ensures favorable store image to customers by helping us maintain a clean, organized, attractive and sanitary store.
- Complies with safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Ability to assist in training other employees when necessary.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wears and uses all necessary personal protective gear (i.e. gloves) as directed and/or prescribed.
Education and/or Experience: Previous maintenance experience required. Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical required.
Nino Salvaggio offers all full time employees health, dental, vision and AFLAC supplemental benefits.
If you are interested in this position please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after the initials questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)