Summary: To effectively perform all functions and activities of the Janitorial position in order to achieve the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance goals established for the kitchen/store. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by the General Manager and/or AGM and Company guidelines.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health code and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Properly, thoroughly and completely cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment, floors, walls, counters, sinks, phones, slicers, grills, carts, racks, ceiling, coolers, hot boxes, etc. including all “high traffic” touch points, etc. to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and prevention of the spread of viruses and germs.
- Empties all trash receptacles in the store and properly disposes of trash. Relines the trash cans with trash bags/liners.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to properly assist customers in locating products when working in Customer Service areas.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Properly and thoroughly completes any and all assigned outdoor maintenance and/or cleaning assignments.
- Properly cleans and sanitizes all floors (including corners, baseboards, etc.).
- Cleans and dusts displays, tables, etc. as needed.
- Cleans any and all aspects of the kitchen, as needed and/or directed, including: burners, fryers, ovens, equipment, vents, condensers, walls, trash cans, etc. as needed.
- Complies with company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Alerts upper management to any sanitation, safety, cleanliness, equipment, maintenance, etc. issues.
- Ensures favorable store image to customers by helping us maintain a clean, organized, attractive and sanitary store.
- Complies with safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Maintains a neat, hygienic, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Ability to assist in training other employees when necessary.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list. EOE.
If you are interested in this position, please completed the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
One spring day, many years ago, Nino Salvaggio was approached by one of his suppliers to buy several cases of beautiful, lush strawberries. Although Nino did not need the additional cases of strawberries, he thought they looked exceptional…so he said “yes.” By late morning, and after several more purchases, Nino was the owner of 500 cases of strawberries. Knowing that fruit is a perishable item and also realizing that he now owned three times the amount of strawberries he usually sold in one day, Nino was faced with an exciting challenge.
Determined to sell all 500 cases, Nino strategized and built a beautiful display in the front of the store. He set up rows and rows of wooden displays at various heights and artfully arranged the fruit so that his customers entered a sea of bright red strawberries that seemed to extend for miles. Next to the display, Nino placed beautiful hand painted signs that read “$3.99 Per Flat.” As word spread about the sweet, delicious strawberries, customers flocked from every direction to Nino’s 2,000 square foot market in St. Clair Shores. As fate would have it, all 500 strawberry cases were quickly sold.
It was on that day that Nino Salvaggio learned a valuable lesson about the art of merchandising. He also developed a philosophy that has proven to be the backbone of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace’s success, “Give the customer exactly what they want, whatever it takes, cater to them and you can bet they will keep coming back for more.” This philosophy is apparent today in each Nino Salvaggio market with locations in St. Clair Shores, Troy and Clinton Township. We at Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace are proud to continue the tradition and challenge that Nino Salvaggio himself aspired to. We honor his memory by providing each and every customer the best quality products and service available.
With the Nino Salvaggio Strawberry over the door, we personally invite you to experience the warmth and tradition of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace. A magnificent shopping experience awaits you amidst the aisles of colorful, fresh produce, gourmet delights and, while you are here, don’t forget the strawberries!
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)