Summary: To effectively perform all functions and activities of the Janitorial position in order to achieve the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance goals established for the kitchen/store. All areas described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines as scheduled or assigned by the General Manager and/or AGM and Company guidelines.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health code and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Properly, thoroughly and completely cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment, floors, walls, counters, sinks, phones, slicers, grills, carts, racks, ceiling, coolers, hot boxes, etc. including all “high traffic” touch points, etc. to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and prevention of the spread of viruses and germs.
- Empties all trash receptacles in the store and properly disposes of trash. Relines the trash cans with trash bags/liners.
- To operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to properly assist customers in locating products when working in Customer Service areas.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Properly and thoroughly completes any and all assigned outdoor maintenance and/or cleaning assignments.
- Properly cleans and sanitizes all floors (including corners, baseboards, etc.).
- Cleans and dusts displays, tables, etc. as needed.
- Cleans any and all aspects of the kitchen, as needed and/or directed, including: burners, fryers, ovens, equipment, vents, condensers, walls, trash cans, etc. as needed.
- Complies with company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Alerts upper management to any sanitation, safety, cleanliness, equipment, maintenance, etc. issues.
- Ensures favorable store image to customers by helping us maintain a clean, organized, attractive and sanitary store.
- Complies with safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Maintains a neat, hygienic, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Ability to assist in training other employees when necessary.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list. EOE.
If you are interested in this position, please completed the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
Nino’s excellent pay and benefits package and our flexible scheduling philosophy reflect our family values and our respect for the dignity and value of labor. So does the number of employees who started out with part time or seasonal jobs and 5, 10, even 20 years later work with us full-time.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)