GROW YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN OUR PRODUCE DEPARTMENT!
Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Produce Manager for our Clinton Twp location.
- Stock, rotate, cull, etc. all produce products following company guidelines.
- Assist with directing and supervising all functions and activities of the produce department to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Oversee all aspects of the operation of the department, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc., in conjunction with Produce Manager(s).
- Assist with managing and developing associates through interviewing, training, monitoring time and attendance, supervision and appropriate reward and discipline.
- Properly plan produce distribution, merchandising, price marking and product stocking and rotation.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control.
- Check and verify produce department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered according to quality standards.
- Work closely with the Produce Prep department to ensure optimum operations in both departments.
- Properly handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Six months related produce experience including stocking and rotation procedures, required.
- Excellent knowledge of the products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of produce in every family group (i.e. apples, squash, etc.).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach and grasp.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.