Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Produce Cooler Associate for our Troy location.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Unload trucks into the produce cooler using proper rotation and company guidelines.
- Keep produce cooler clean and organized.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following Company guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt, courteous and excellent service and/or assistance, per Company Customer Service guidelines.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Must be able to work with all products/ food products available within the department. Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, bailers*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, bailers, etc.).
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 75 pounds (with assistance).
- Employee discount
- 401K match
- Supplemental Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.