Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Gourmet-To-Go Associate for our Troy location.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions in person and on the phone and process and complete all customer orders and requests.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt, courteous and excellent service and/or assistance.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Maintain knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Use knives, box cutters, slicers*, bailers*, floral cutters*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, bailers, floral cutters, etc.).
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Employee discount
- 401K match
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)