Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Meat Associate for our Clinton Township location.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, per Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace guidelines.
- Follow established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments.
- Stock meat cases to ensure quality, protection, accuracy and proper rotation of product in the cases and cooler.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal and OSHA, Department of Agriculture and Department of Health regulations and guidelines.
- Assist customers with their selections; offering assistance with the type, preparation, recipes, cooking, etc. of selections of meat and poultry.
- Weigh, price, wrap, prep, cut, etc. meat selections for customers
- Make kabobs for customers
- Prep meat selections according to company recipes
- Provide excellent customer service
- Operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, meat cutters*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, meat cutters, etc.).
- Employee discount
- 401K match
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)