Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Cashier for our St Clair Shores location.
- Process all customer sales transactions in a professional manner with speed and accuracy.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Handle all customers in a pleasant and tactful manner.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Assist customers with bulk products that they may have difficulty handling.
- Receive and process customer payment by cash, check, credit card, debit, gift certificates or EFT, issuing receipts and change when necessary.
- Bag and package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
- Follow all established company alcohol sales guidelines as well as all federal, local, county and state ordinances.
- Attend and pass the Responsible Alcohol Sales training and retraining classes.
- Assist customers in locating products.
- Handle all return to stock items appropriately, ensuring that perishable items are returned promptly.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous cash handling experience, preferred.
- Previous customer service experience, required.
- Ability to properly manage all monies and payments tendered for recorded transactions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 30 pounds.
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Hourly rate reflects applicants 18 years of age and older.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.