Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a semi-truck driver for our Bloomfield Twp location.
- Drive gasoline or diesel powered truck and/or a powered industrial Truck (Hi/Lo) to transport and deliver products to and from the store(s).
- Properly load and unload semi truck per Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace.
- Verify that cargo is properly loaded, distributed and secured in or on the vehicle, per all DOT standards and guidelines.
- Transport all necessary items to and from stores and other destinations in a safe and expedient manner.
- Ensure that all product and necessary items are secure and handled appropriately.
- Arrive at the produce terminal at the appropriate starting time, considering weather conditions, returning product and visits to Eastern Market.
- Follow all guidelines for performing safety-sensitive functions, including the Company Alcohol and Substance Abuse policy, proper handling of Company vehicle, proper maintenance of vehicle, etc.
- Receive cargo properly; checking in the items, ensuring that the invoices are correct, monitoring the process appropriately.
- Maintain the correct temperature in the truck.
- Inspect truck daily for defects before and after trips and submits report to Director of Operations and/or Produce Buyer indicating truck condition.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal Department of Transportation laws, health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements.
- Maintain driver log according to U.S.D.O.T. regulations; if driving more than 100 miles daily.
- Maintains good communications in the department, store and throughout the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in transporting food/retail commodities.
- One to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and driving experience required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in driving a semi trailer truck.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and CDL A license required.
- Excellent driving required.
- Must maintain the DOT health certificate.
- Must be able to drive a truck for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 40 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 60 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 100 pounds (with assistance).
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.