Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Soup Packager to work in the Troy location.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Package Soups and other products while adhering to quality standards.
- Clean dishes and station per company guidelines.
- Cutting and prepping meats and vegetables for soup production.
- Must be knowledgeable of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Must be able to work with all food products and equipment available within the department including knives, box cutters, slicers*, bailers*, floral cutters*, etc. as needed. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, bailers, floral cutters, etc.).
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.