Nino Salvaggio is looking for a party planning associate that can assist in other departments as needed.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires a working knowledge of the products and services as offered in Nino’s Party Planning Guide.
- Works with the various, complimentary departments (i.e. Floral, Wine, Bakery, Produce Prep, Deli, etc.) to execute all aspects of the Catering program for each individual customer.
- Must be able to market and properly sell/up-sell all aspects of the PPG/Catering Program.
- Possesses friendly and competent customer service interaction, including the ability to assist the customer with their order, answer customer questions, make suggestions when appropriate through proper and thorough coordination of multiple departments to fulfill the customers order.
- Follow through and follow up on all PPG/Catering orders; ensuring that the order is executed properly front start to finish, including order entry, delivery and per the customers expectations.
- Properly coordinates all deliveries, delivery drivers, transportation, etc. relative to PPG/GTG deliveries.
- Routinely and regularly follow up with PPG/Catering customers to ensure that their order/experience met or exceeded their expectations.
- Responsible for placement and refill of Party Planning Guides and supplemental inserts throughout the store.
- Assistance with the ongoing inventory and replenishment of product build and packaging supplies of the Party Planning Guide.
- Assistance with the solicitation of new catering opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of products offered in all departments in the store, specifically Gourmet to Go.
- A complete familiarization of:
o Nino’s’ Party Planning Guide and its products.
o Nino’s Party Planning Guide Sales Training Manual
- Expert competency in the use of Nino’s Party Planning Guide’s Order Entry software program.
- General knowledge of menu planning including but not limited to:
o Factors which influence menu choices
o Common food combinations
o Typical portion sizes
o Determining how much food a customer may require
o Pairing food with wine suggestions
o Adding ancillary items (i.e. flowers, balloons, etc.)
o Rentals or food preparation equipment requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of “Department Specific” Products and Services not described in detail within the PPG, i.e.
o Delivery Policies
o Payment Options
- A general knowledge of C&N Rental’s products and services.
- Coordinates and oversees the delivery process for all PPG/Catering orders on a per shift basis.
- Oversees all invoicing and record retention/analysis for all PPG/Catering orders on a per shift basis.
- Oversees and orchestrates all collation of orders through communication and, if necessary delegation, to various departments on a per shift basis.
- Manages all supplies inventory relative to PPG/Catering orders on a per shift basis.
- Assists and/or manages new PPG/Catering customer acquisition on a per shift basis.
- Works with and trains any and all necessary personnel to ensure that the PPG/Catering program is properly staffed and executed on a per shift basis.
- Follows scheduled hours, store operating hours and labor guidelines per company guidelines.
- Adheres to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Ensures compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered in the departments and the store. Adhere to all company quality standards.
- Complies with company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and memos, and state and federal safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Maintains good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Ensures favorable department image to customers by emphasizing a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Greets customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Coordination of all transportation as it relates to PPG/Gourmet to go deliveries and orders on a per shift basis. Ensures that all PPG/GTG orders, that need to be delivered, are delivered on time and in excellent condition on a per shift basis.
- Oversees the PPG delivery drivers, ensuring that they have been pre-authorized to drive, and that all drivers conduct Pre-Trip inspections and follow all Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace and local, state and federal safety and driving guidelines and ordinances, on a per shift basis.
- Provides feedback to Party Planning Manager/Gourmet to Go Manager/Executive Chef, Director of Culinary Operations and General Manager as needed.
- Leads by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This description represents a significant sampling of tasks performed, responsibilities and job knowledge required, however, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in sales, product knowledge, customer service experience, etc.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form sufficient to express an idea or thought.
- Excellent knowledge of the products carried in the department/store.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate a strong knowledge of various department’s operations.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred. A Culinary degree or a combination of work experience and education is preferred. Previous event planning experience preferred.
Standards held to:
- Must be able to effectively manage the PPG/Catering program on a per shift basis.
- Must be able to properly use, train others how to use and supervise the safe use of all equipment in the department.
- Ensure that all you are positively contributing to the gross profit of the department by properly monitoring labor cost, food cost, production, food presentation, quantities, waste, and prompt and courteous customer service.
- Must ensure all Food Safety and sanitation guidelines are adhered, including proper transportation of food within Food Safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates excellent team building skills within the department, the store and the Company.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Must be well organized and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures – lead by example.
Language Skills: Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with department employees, employees of other departments and customers. Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures and other written job-related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals including effective departmental memos, employee corrective action notices and customer signs or sales suggestions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to calculate individual and large orders and all other calculations as they pertain to customer service.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food Service Management Certification is preferred.
Physical Demands and Required Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 75 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Operating equipment (baler, power jack, etc.)- Must be 18 or older.
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Standing for extended periods and walking.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperature of approximately -20F while handling products in freezers and coolers.
- Must be able to reach and move items above shoulder height.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel. Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may also need to work outside in either extreme hot, cold, wet, etc. conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work in a fast paced environment. Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude, problem solve.
One spring day, many years ago, Nino Salvaggio was approached by one of his suppliers to buy several cases of beautiful, lush strawberries. Although Nino did not need the additional cases of strawberries, he thought they looked exceptional…so he said “yes.” By late morning, and after several more purchases, Nino was the owner of 500 cases of strawberries. Knowing that fruit is a perishable item and also realizing that he now owned three times the amount of strawberries he usually sold in one day, Nino was faced with an exciting challenge.
Determined to sell all 500 cases, Nino strategized and built a beautiful display in the front of the store. He set up rows and rows of wooden displays at various heights and artfully arranged the fruit so that his customers entered a sea of bright red strawberries that seemed to extend for miles. Next to the display, Nino placed beautiful hand painted signs that read “$3.99 Per Flat.” As word spread about the sweet, delicious strawberries, customers flocked from every direction to Nino’s 2,000 square foot market in St. Clair Shores. As fate would have it, all 500 strawberry cases were quickly sold.
It was on that day that Nino Salvaggio learned a valuable lesson about the art of merchandising. He also developed a philosophy that has proven to be the backbone of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace’s success, “Give the customer exactly what they want, whatever it takes, cater to them and you can bet they will keep coming back for more.” This philosophy is apparent today in each Nino Salvaggio market with locations in St. Clair Shores, Troy and Clinton Township. We at Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace are proud to continue the tradition and challenge that Nino Salvaggio himself aspired to. We honor his memory by providing each and every customer the best quality products and service available.
With the Nino Salvaggio Strawberry over the door, we personally invite you to experience the warmth and tradition of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace. A magnificent shopping experience awaits you amidst the aisles of colorful, fresh produce, gourmet delights and, while you are here, don’t forget the strawberries!
Company Website: www.ninosalvaggio.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)