Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Catering Concierge/Party Planning Assistant Manager for our Troy location.
- Effectively assist in overseeing the coordinating and administration of all aspects of the Nino Salvaggio catering program and Fresh to Go, including managing associates and customer service needs.
- Maintain working knowledge of products and services offered in Nino’s Party Planning Guide.
- Understanding of menu planning including but not limited to; factors which influence menu choices, common food combinations, typical portion sizes, determining required amounts, pairing food with wine suggestions, adding ancillary items (i.e. flowers, balloons, etc.), and rental or food preparation equipment.
- Properly and accurately use Nino’s Party Planning Order Entry software program.
- Follow through and follow up on all PPG/Catering orders ensuring that orders are executed properly from start to finish, including order accuracy and quality and delivery coordination.
- Coordinate with various, complimentary departments (i.e. Floral, Wine, Bakery, Produce Prep, Deli, etc.) to fulfill order customer orders/requests.
- Provide friendly and competent customer service, including the ability to assist customers with their order, answer questions and make suggestions when appropriate.
- Encourage department sales and growth by properly upselling items, marketing and assisting in soliciting new catering opportunities.
- Properly execute Fresh to Go services including e-growcery/fresh to go system, efficient processing (shopping), bagging groceries and proper storage until delivery.
- Follow proper procedures for contacting customers about product substitutions.
- Provide excellent Fresh to Go experience for customers ensuring order accuracy, on time fulfillment and prompt delivery.
- Assist in identifying and logging items that need to be removed from Fresh to Go.
- Maintain knowledge of products offered in all departments, specifically Gourmet to Go.
- Attend and pass Responsible Alcohol Sales training class and follow all established alcohol sales guidelines, laws and ordinances.
- Properly uses cash register and handles customers payments, when required.
- Assist in managing catering supplies, including ordering, as needed.
- Refill Party Planning Guides and supplemental inserts throughout the store.
- Remain organized at all times, following set systems for organization, filing and any require cleaning tasks.
- Maintain professionalism and calm while multitasking and working under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting in other departments.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., preferred.
- Previous event planning experience, preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience in sales and customer service.
- Must be well organized and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude, problem solve.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.