Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Meat Cutter for our St Clair Shores location.
- Train and work toward mastery of cutting, trimming, boning, grinding and properly preparing meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Wrap, count, separate, weigh, label, price, display and merchandise cuts of meat.
- Follow established department procedures for properly and accurately receiving and unloading incoming Meat department orders and shipments.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the Company and mandated by state and federal Department of Agriculture and Health Department codes, laws and regulations and OSHA regulations.
- Follow compliance rules for local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws (i.e. tares).
- Operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies and safety guidelines.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions, per Company Customer Service guidelines.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products that are available in the department and the store.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Must be 18 or older to operate equipment (meat cutter, slicers, knives).
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 35 pounds.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.