SHARPEN YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS IN OUR MEAT DEPARTMENT!
Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Meat Manager for our Troy location.
- Assist with directing and supervising all functions of the meat department in order to achieve the sales, profit and labor goals established for the department.
- Assist with directing and coordinating activities involved with production, sale and distribution of meat products.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating a productive team of associates through proper supervision, delegation and appropriate reward and discipline.
- Cut all types of meat carried in the meat department per company guidelines.
- Ensure the meat case is staying full and rotated.
- Train and supervise associates with proper and safe usage of all equipment in the department.
- Adhere to all quality, safe food handling and sanitation standards for all meats in the department including: pork, poultry, and seafood.
- Determines variety and quantity of meat products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Follow approved procedures for price marking, dating and restocking cases to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify meat department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered according to quality standards.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining inventory control.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Participate in store’s Safety Committee.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Six months experience in meat department (meat cutting, product preparation, stocking, rotation procedures).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Excellent knowledge of all of the products carried in the department.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- The ability to operate equipment safely and correctly.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to multitask, maintain a positive attitude and problem solve.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
This position is hourly and averages 52 hours per week.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.