Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Full-Time Produce Associate for our Bloomfield Hills location.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary produce products.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt, courteous and excellent service and/or assistance.
- Knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to Company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work with all products/ food products available within the department.
- Must be able to use knives, box cutters, balers*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be at least 18 years old to use balers).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach and grasp.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.