Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Deli Manager for our Troy location.
- Assist with supervision, direction, coordination and evaluation of the cheese and/deli department operations.
- Determine variety and quantity of cheese and olive display products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Assist department manager and/or general manager with department merchandising and budget plan and department goals.
- Assist with planning product distribution to customers and negotiates with suppliers to arrange purchase and delivery of cheese and olive display products and supplies.
- Ensures that all food safety and sanitation guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating a productive team of associates through training, supervision, delegation and follow up.
- Become familiar with all products carried in the department maintaining knowledge in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of cheese and olive display items offered.
- Slice, weigh, package and label all deli and cheese selections for customers.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving product, dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Train and supervise associates on how to properly use all equipment in the department ensuring safety and compliance.
- Check and verify department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Review all new products with the Department Manager and/or General Manager.
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Ensure favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Six months related cheese/deli experience, required.
- Food Management Certification, preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)