Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Soup Cook for our Troy location.
- Prepare and cook all meats, veggies, soups, sauces, etc. according to company recipes.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment, such as grills, kettles, griddles and smoker.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Bake, roast, broil, grill and smoke meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils to ensure quality standards.
- Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of cook experience, preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the quality standards, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products available in the department.
- Must be able to work with all products and equipment available within the department including ovens, grills, stoves, knives, slicers*, etc. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers).
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.