Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Sous Chef for our St. Clair Shores location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the department, including production of all department products in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Develop and implement plans for maximizing sales, gross profits and overall results in the Department.
- Direct work flow in the department and coordinates activities involved with production, sale, merchandising and distribution of products offered in the department.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Interview, hire, train and properly develop deli associates, following all company policies, state, local, federal, OSHA and EEOC guidelines and laws.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered in the department. Adhere to all quality standards.
- Works with Dept. Manager* and/or GM and the Director of Operations to determine the variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Properly plans product distribution to customers and works with suppliers to arrange purchase and delivery of all necessary products and supplies for the proper operation of the department.
- Follow approved procedures for dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Checks and verifies department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Responsible for ordering product, supplies, etc. and ensuring proper inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Develops associates within department through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Follows and ensures compliance with all Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace safety and food service sanitation programs and standards.
- Ensures favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, organized, attractive and friendly department.
- Provide constructive and relevant feedback to the Dept. Mgr.* and/or GM and Director of Culinary Operations.
- Supervises the entire Gourmet to Go staff including all appropriate demos.
- Oversee all aspects of the operation of the department, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc.
- Assists the Catering Concierge Manager in the implementation and coordination of the Party Planning Guide/Catering program.
- The ability to motivate associates to achieve company sales and customer service goals.
- Lead by example.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent communication.
- Food service management certification required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- 1 or more years related experience and/or demonstrated ability required.
- Culinary degree or a combination of work experience and education is preferred.
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals including effective departmental memos, employee corrective action notices and customer signs or sales suggestions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 30 pounds.
- The ability to use hands to finger, handle and/or feel.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.