Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for an Assistant Bakery Manager for our Troy location.
- Assist Bakery Manager in effectively directing and supervising all functions and activities of the bakery including production, pastries, and artisan breads including production, sale and distribution of bakery products.
- Assist Bakery Manager in evaluating problem areas, areas of concern and potential problem areas and assist in developing and implementing corrective action plan.
- Ensure bakery department is adhering to all company standards on cost control, customer service, merchandising, product quality, employee relations, product presentation, product preparation, ordering, inventory, cleanliness, rotation, sanitation and organization.
- Ensure all department personnel are following approved procedures for receiving product, dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Verify all deliveries to bakery ensuring that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and in satisfactory condition.
- Manage inventory control ensuring that all necessary products are available for order fulfillment.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Develop associates within the department, under the guidance of the Bakery Manager through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Maintain favorable department image to customers by ensuring a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure that the department personnel are providing customers with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance.
- Work with Bakery Manager to ensure that employee work schedules and time and attendance records are accurate, following all Nino Salvaggio time administration guidelines.
- Motivate associates to achieve company sales, cost control and customer service goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Food Management Certification, preferred.
- Six months bakery experience, required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for eight or more hour periods.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of baked goods offered.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)