Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Janitorial Associate for our Clinton Twp location.
- Properly, thoroughly and completely clean and sanitize all store restrooms (sinks, counters, mirrors, floors, toilets, etc.), conference rooms, break rooms/areas (including microwaves, sinks, counters, walls, etc.), doors, windows, handrails, including all “high traffic” touch points, etc. to ensure cleanliness, sanitation and prevention of the spread of viruses and germs.
- Empty and replace bags in all trash receptacles in the store and properly dispose of trash.
- Ensure safe operation of all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Complete any and all assigned outdoor maintenance and/or cleaning assignments.
- Clean and sanitize all floors (including corners, baseboards, etc.).
- Cleans and dusts displays, tables, etc. as needed.
- Clean and sanitize all areas of the store including: displays, tables, floors, windows, mirrors, vents, condensers, walls, trash cans, etc. as needed.
- Alerts upper management to any sanitation, safety, cleanliness, equipment, maintenance, etc. issues.
- Ensure favorable store image to customers by helping us maintain a clean, organized, attractive and sanitary store.
- Maintains a neat, hygienic, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Assist in training other employees when necessary.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to solve practical problems as they relate to janitorial and maintenance situations.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, lift and/or move 75 pounds (with assistance).
- Employee discount
- 401K match
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)