Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Produce Prep Associate for our Troy location.
- Observe all Company policies and procedures, store rules, standards of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook and as directed by management.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Work all scheduled shifts, following Company guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Operate all necessary and authorized equipment according to Company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Perform stocking and other duties as assigned per sales volume and management direction.
- Understanding and knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all necessary products.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of products.
- Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, bailers*, etc. as needed in the department. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers, bailers, etc.).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Employee discount
- 401K match
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.