Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Courtesy Clerk for our St Clair Shores location.
- Bag and package all customer purchases and merchandise, per Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace bagging guidelines and standards.
- Assist in prompt clean up of spills and breakages/leaks containers according to company guidelines to eliminate potential hazard and prevent accidents.
- Gather shopping carts from the parking lot (in all types of weather) and take them to designated areas and pick up points.
- Sort and handle all return to stock items appropriately, ensuring that perishable and refrigerated items are returned properly and promptly.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions.
- Assist customers with their purchases, specifically assisting them with large or bulk orders, including transporting their items to their car and helping them load their items into their car.
- Sweep, mop, etc. and assist in other housekeeping/maintenance duties as assigned.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt and courteous service and/or assistance.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company grooming and dress standards.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues, concerns and/or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work in extreme cold, hot, snowy, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Ability to work consistently in the outdoors.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull multiple shopping carts safely.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 pounds (i.e. shopping carts, etc.).
- Ability to multitask and maintain a positive attitude.
- 401K match
- Employee discount
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.