Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Commissary Soup Chef for our Troy location.
- Direct and supervise all functions commissary soup production in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Responsible for overseeing the production of all soups and sauces including the creation of new recipes.
- Utilize smoker to produce slow cooked meats.
- Oversee all soup cooks, including but not limited to: training, ordering, time and attendance, employee purchase policy, discipline, etc.
- Effectively manage the department, meeting or exceeding Company standards.
- Direct work flow in the department and coordinates activities involved with production, sale, merchandising and distribution of soups offered.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthful and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to work with all products carried in the department including being fully knowledgeable in the differences (in price, taste, preparation or use) between the many varieties and types of items offered in the department. Adhere to all quality standards.
- Properly use, train others how to use and supervise the safe use of all equipment in the department.
- Works with General Manager and the Director of Operations to determine the variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Follow approved procedures for dating, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, public image, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verifies department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Responsible for ordering product, supplies, etc. and ensuring proper inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Maintain good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Develops associates within department through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Ensures favorable department image to customers by maintaining a clean, organized, attractive and friendly department.
- Provides constructive and relevant feedback to the General Manager and Director of Culinary Operations.
- Follows and ensures compliance with all Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace safety and food service sanitation programs and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Food service certification, required.
- Previous management experience, required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Culinary degree or a combination of work experience and education, required.
- Must have experience with smoker.
- Excellent knowledge of the products carried in the department.
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through).
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Ability to convert measurements as needed to properly prepare recipes.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- The ability to work in and between extreme cold, wet, humid or hot conditions.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)