Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Meat Manager for our Troy location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all functions of the meat department in order to achieve the sales, profit and labor goals established for the department.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved with production, sale and distribution of meat products.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and labor laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements ensuring that the work environment is safe and free from discrimination and harassment.
- Cut all varieties of meat according to company guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate a productive team of associates through proper supervision, delegation and appropriate reward and discipline.
- Determine variety and quantity of meat products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Work out a department merchandising and budget plan and department goals with the general manager.
- Train and supervise associates with proper and safe usage of all equipment in the department.
- Plan product distribution to customers and negotiates with suppliers to arrange purchase and delivery of any and all meat products and supplies.
- Follow approved procedures for price marking, dating and restocking cases to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation.
- Check and verify meat department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered and meet quality standards.
- Review all new products with the General Manager.
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness and product quality.
- Maintain good communications in the store and throughout the organization.
- Participate in store’s Safety Committee.
- Greet customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and/or assistance, per our company customer service standards.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years experience in meat department.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Food Service Management Certification, preferred.
- Some college coursework, preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must have previous meat management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of all of the products carried in the department.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 to 10 hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)