Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Deli Associate for our Bloomfield location.
- Slice, weigh, package and label deli meats and cheeses per customer request.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions about products available in the deli providing samples as needed.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt, courteous and excellent service.
- Operate slicers and all authorized equipment according to company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all deli products products.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Maintain knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Maintain knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, etc. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers).
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of deli products.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Employee discount
- 401K match
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)