Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Floral Manager for our Troy location.
- Effectively direct and supervise all functions of the floral department, including production of all floral products in order to achieve the sales, gross profit, customer service and labor goals established for the department.
- Direct and coordinate work flow in the floral department including production, sale, merchandising and distribution of products.
- Plan product distribution to customers and work with suppliers to arrange purchase and delivery of all necessary products and supplies.
- Responsible for ordering product and supplies, ensuring proper inventory control, freshness and product quality.
- Review all new products with the General Manager.
- Check and verify department merchandise received to ensure that all items listed on vendor invoices are delivered per quality standards.
- Plan arrangements according to client/customer’s requirements and cost or selects appropriate standard design pattern.
- Work with General Manager and the Director of Operations to determine the variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Confer with client/customer regarding price and type of arrangement desired.
- Un-box, cut and sleeve flowers and put in buckets of water, ensuring that all displays meet department and/or store guidelines.
- Estimate cost and prices of arrangements.
- Pack and wrap completed arrangements.
- Maintains good communication within the department, in the store and throughout the organization.
- Develops associates within department through training, supervision, delegation and appropriate rewards and discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- One year related floral department experience, required.
- Floral design certification, preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous management experience, required.
- Knowledge and ability to execute floral design.
- Great attitude (people skills, innovative, proactive).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Short term disability
- Critical illness
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Education reimbursement
- 401K match
- Employee discount
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid LTD policy
If you are interested in this position, please follow the 2 step application process which includes a formal application after some initial questions.
Every successful company is built on a core principle. At Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, it's Family. From the actual Salvaggio family that created our store in 1979, to the family of thousands who staff our four locations in Metro Detroit, to the families we serve as customers every day.
So whether you love working with customers or thrive in a kitchen environment, whether you know fresh produce or cash registers, whether you’ve graduated high school or learned a trade, it doesn’t matter. If you want a job, chances are you’ve got family waiting for you at Nino’s.
Troy • Clinton Twp. • St. Clair Shores • Bloomfield Twp.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)